Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Its a bird! Its a plane no wait!, Its my dad!



In light of today's holiday to honor our fathers, I'd like to post a few incriminating pictures of him. he he he


Ode to mein Vater!


From left to right the big Ol' Greer Clan: April , James (the Jimbo) Greer, Adrian & Thomas Greer, the Momma, & my lil' sis Ashley.

My dad has largely impacted on my life. Mainly birth. Not giving it, rather contributing to it, or some I'm told!


James Leroy Greer, Jr. has also, in various fatherly ways, contributed to my well-being including but not limited to: spankings, wrestling matches, fashion faux pas, and spankings. These days he spends his time working on a Ph.D. and finding new ways to surprise my mom with gifts. You'd think after 100 years she would catch on to his little tricks, but he's THAT good.


When it comes to fatherly advice my dad illustrates the crux of an issue by using a story. He speaketh in parables. He iseth a longeth-windeth personeth. He passed down a gift of gab to Ashley and Thomas. I got shafted. Bummer.

He's also instilled in me, the need for a strong personality to rival my own. My dad's a tough guy, not in a Sopranos sense, just in a manly sense. He is probably one of the most determined (at times stubborn) and very strong-willed individuals. Ray is not AS strong-willed when it comes to donuts, but he reminds me a lot of my dad. They both have strong characters, witty humor, and a sense of unexpected kindness.



He's also frighteningly handsome. Enjoys the limelight too!


This little lady below is a spitting image of my dad. For all the trouble my dad caused my grandmother, Ashley created infinitely more trouble for my dad. I think my grandmother must be smiling down from Heaven. We love Ashley, but she's a total drama queen. This is one of her senior portraits looking angelic and sweet. My first senior portrait session ever!


This is her normal attire. She's ready to magnetize any and all police & lure wayward boyfriends. She is every bit as stubborn as my dad. Only not as smart.... a dangerous combo. Which is why she calls him so often. To get her out of jail. J/K.

Both connected to the US Military, she's required to salute the higher ranking individuals.

We're a pretty close family. He likes to embarrass us. A lot.


My brother is also a lot like my dad. Only, he is not a tough guy. We still like him though.


After all these years, they still love to laugh!



My dad's sister Sandy totally has the smart genes too. She reads book after book and knows way too much general information. She gave me my very first camera! Its what got me into this mess to start with!

The youngest Greer out there, my cousin Courtney and I.
Happy Father's Day & we love you bunches!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well thanks there little lady.... i think you have done pretty good
for yourself ,, and thanks for the mention , i am glad i could be the "start" of something that has turned out to be so superb! like mom would say" i have no buttons left, they have all popped off from pride"
love ya kiddo and i have every faith that you WILL always shine
auntie sandy

April Greer Photography said...

thanks auntie S! I LOVE YOU BUNCHESSS You're the bomzick!