Saturday, June 09, 2007

Something NEW!


There's something nostalgic about roller rinks! For most of us 80's kids out there, rollerskating was a part of the middle school phenomena! It became an intricate part our social life AND today its what sets us apart from the video game generation. We were 80's SKATERS baby!


Motofish turned me on to this re-live the 80's thing. I've had an idea for rollerskating pictures in my head for the longest time! Working with Greg & Chris gave me a sense of gumption to just GO for it. Thanks for the inspiration guys!

Meet Sarah + Scott, you might remember them from the Creature party I shot earlier in May. They had no quams with skating around for fun & goofing off.
Kids swarmed the set up area pelting them with questions ' are you from the newspaper? are you Nicole Richie? are you a celebrity? why are you taking photos? are you in a magazine? who are you?'


Although we had to slightly diss the kids in order to shoot, we chiled with the tikes afterwards and let them showoff. Overall, we had a great time, it tickled my funny bone! Neither Sarah or I had any clue Scott was SO talented! He gave us the big showdown! When he wasn't goosing Sarah's body he was skating by himself and weaving in and out of the crowd. They're a very down-to-earth & laughable couple!


Finally I shot most of these pictures skating backwards AND I didn't fall! Can I get a round of applause? That is, until the end! Scott snapped us on the way down to the ground. Those photos have been deleted *wink*

It was way too much fun. I could do it every Friday! Sarah & Scott, you were AWESOME!!!

1 comment:

Colleen, Seattle area Photographer said...

April, I love these roller skating images! Great job and nice use of lighting.