Wednesday, June 13, 2007

4,000


Aimee Gasser- Anchorage, Alaska : married June 17th, 2006 (Happy Anniversary!)

Over 4,000 images processed in the last couple of days. WOW what a productive start to the week! It feels great to get things accomplished! Not to mention I faithfully hit the track each morning. Calves are so sore from sprinting, the only methods of training today were walking (slowly) and throwing weights around. Some grunting included, lots of sweating. Working on a nice UVA/UVB tan, too. The dermatologist will scorn...

Starting tomorrow we're an additional 3-4000 more images to the workload by the Tuesday's COB. Yay! During busy times of the year, its GREAT to set your own hours and to be your own chief! Downside is there's no such thing as OT. UPside is meeting new people!

Had a case of the lonelies today (despite ALL this work) and snuck in the bookstore at 10 minutes 'till closing. Picked up a book by Dave Barry. I LOVE DB. My dad got me hooked on this retired humor columnist years ago. If you need a wit-inspired side-splitting good laugh, read Dave and don't eat or drink while you read. You'll probably get it stuck in the windpipe.

Just a thought: one year ago I resigned from my full-time, full-benes, profit-sharing, stock-having, hazardous & dirty, rotating shift position as a QC Tech in the largest steel mill in the Northwest.
This photo was taken during a very trying period of my life, go figure, I was supposed to be on vacation after resigning. Forget that idea. I resigned from my position with little more than 3-6 months of work to my name. I would like to say it was a miracle that we kept our heads above water. The network of awesome friends & clients helped put us on the map for good, or at least I hope! Fast forward today: happy as a turtle. Never imagined life would take such a huge detour.

In the Works: Coming soon will be Emily + Daniel's album design in the next little bit AND check back Thursday evening for Jessica & Z's E-session! They're coming in from Ohio for their wedding! After that expect a snippet of our highlight weddings taking place on Saturday & Monday! Someone asked me 'Who gets married on a Monday?!' Exactly! Wait and see!

Meanwhile back at the ranch: Motofish gears up for the "Pampered Pet's photoshoot!
Check out their blog here for funny business: www.motofishimages.blogspot.com. Also, we're casting for HOTTIE Baristas. Yes, you too can be paid the big $$$ if you work in a non-chain espresso stand or coffee shop. Email me for details! This is one of the toughest castings we've ever had! Over 200 miles covered along the I-5 corridor combing the stands for hotties on the job and less than a handful of applicants panned out. Ladies, what's going on!? Where are you? If you or someone you know has a fresh face and sexy smile and is a real live BARISTA you need to send me a headshot & contact info. $200 is no joke! Could buy you that new Coach wallet...

Time for bed. All too much excitement!

4 comments:

Wesa said...

Check out David Sedaris and Tom Holt for funny books as well. Or, I can loan you a few to throw on your stack next time we see ya!

April Greer Photography said...

I just finished David Sedaris' ME TALK PRETTY ONE DAY. It was SUCH a funny book. Also couldn't put it down. I'm all about trading books- hope to see you & the Cal-man soon!

Colleen, Seattle area Photographer said...

April, there is a beautiful woman barista at the coffee stand in Milton. Can't remember the name of the place, but it's across the street from Albertsons, near the liquor store.

Kathleen said...

ah man, and I just got George the puppy, he would've been PERFECT for the pampered pets thingie! He looked great in his Fathers' Day argyle sweater...hehehe