Tuesday, June 19, 2007

06.18.07 A Monday Wedding!






Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Z Hespelt! I'm SO excited to share images from two weddings in last 3 days! Its been almost a year since shooting a double or triple weekend. I am very excited to get busy. Let's get this wedding season on a roll...beginning with colorful group pictures.
Jessica must have been able to read my mind. She always looked over just as my finger snapped the shutter. She had uncanny timing.
I'm sure you're dying to hear the details of their wedding! Jessica & Z tied the knot downtown Ballard on this SPLENDID Seattle day! Venue: The Canal~

I love their 'how we met' story: Z came in to work on his day off, thinking he was scheduled for the day and met a sweet little lady named Jessica at the counter. Their introduction was completely unexpected and they began spending more and more afternoons together as time flew by. He proposed within a few months . After two years of being engaged, their wedding finally fell into place today!


I felt extremely priveledged to be a part of their wedding, mainly because they were selective in choosing photography as an important part of their day. They're a special couple and they deserve really special photography and made it easy to shoot. When couples trust me 100% it makes SUCH a difference! Both Natasha & Jessica had total faith in us this weekend. How cool is that?!


This bouquet of cala lillies may look attractive, but check out the left side of the picture. See that little crusty green thing? That's a 4-leafed clover! Jess wedged her good luck charm inside the bouquet.


I especially enjoyed their postcard stand at the reception! Each postcard listed the names for sitting arrangements as well as cute shots of their childhood memories. What an original idea!
A different approach to shooting the rings...


I'm so happy to have been a part of it all! Great details, beautiful colors, a fabulous unique dress! Two very special people in love. A fine way to start the week!

Lucien also assisted me today, he jammed out behind the scenes making sure all the cables, wires and lighting ran smoothly. Maybe its time for Ray to get the pink slip. hee-hee

Let me just say something about the cake, too. It was very unique & fancy cake. One of the grandma's wheeled by as I was shooting pictures of it. Apparently she thought it was fake, reached out to test it and her fingers sunk through the buttercream icing WHILE I WAS STANDING THERE. I stared in shock, completely frozen. I couldn't believe my eyes. Holy smokes! Grandma just poked a hole in the cake!!!! Is it the weekend of cake disasters?
Luckily, Neither Jess or Z were upset, it was a complete laughing matter and I snapped a picture of the damage. Seriously, whaddup wit da cake phenomena this weekend!?

She laughed all night long. Both of them looked VERY happy.

They went the extra distance with parasols. .
Last but not least, tearing up the dance floor!

1 comment:

Davina said...

Those dancing shots are just aswesome! What a fun wedding and you captured it!