Saturday, March 03, 2007

Wesa & Carl 03.03.07








april (blonde photographer) & carl (smiling groom)
speshull drink of the night: a cosmo (only in bellevue...)
Happily Wedded WESA & CARL Anderson celebrated their matrimonial jump start today at Eastshore Unitarian Church. The bowling wasn't exactly part of the wedding, but turned out to be the perfect start as husband & wife in place of a DJ or dancing party. They spiced it up at League night in Bellevue!

I'm ready to konk out pillow-style but of course, for my beloved Blogstalkers and Blogreaders, I'll succomb to nerd-dom and post this because if I don't, you'll call me Sunday morning (while I'm sleeping in a few wee hours) wondering WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS!

So here they are! To Wesa & Carl, they had a lot of great prospects for photographers, competition for their date was vicious. We were so pleased, so delighted and so honored to be chosen to shoot their wedding. Thank you for choosing to work with us!

They could not be more perfectly suited for each other! Ray and I agree, the quote of the day was from Carl's mom, Terry. She said "I love my son very much. But I love him, even more, in the presence of this woman." It was a tear-jerker! But so very true. I wish my sweethearts W and C the very best at their stay in the Roosevelt hotel. The bowling pics are different from what we shoot, but I think Wesa & Carl were cool with the unique pics and artistic point of view. They just sort of let us go with the flow and know that we'll take care of them.

Its a little scary trying out new ways of shooting! As the saying goes: no risk=no fun.

Working under MOTOFISH, Remy, and other influential photographers impacts my style of wedding photography to a fearful degree. Will people like it? Is it too far-fetched? Am I a big weirdo?

Its a wild experience being able to finally begin to identify our style and tweak it according to each couple. Same photographers, different shots at every wedding! Seattle has amazing & wonderful people, many of whom, are becoming close friends and cherished clients (who must keep in contact even after the wedding, or else) no names mentioned WESA AND CARL.
p.s. I'm drooling buckets over Canon's50mm 1.2 L-series lens. You know, the one we just got in the mail a few days ago. Hubba Hubba. Its everything and MORE.

Nighty-night & Hugs, Ape & Ray

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! (And I say this despite the fact that my head's cut off in one of them.)

I love how the colours just "pop" out in these. I mean, I was there, but I didn't remember the room being that vivid. Well done! :)

Emilia said...

They look super! I think it is great that you take some risks, and do things a little differently than the traditional posed pictures. It was fantastic to meet you, and good luck in the future. Perhaps I'll run into you again when you are hanging out with my sister.

--Emmy (sister of the bride)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I love them all, but especially the one with just the shoes and the bowling alley pictures. Very fun. It was great to work with you and Ray. We had no worries about the quality of work or the process, which helped make our day that much better! Thank you so much for everything, and we'll definitely have another night of bowling (or other cheesy fun times) soon!

Jess said...

It was great to watch you work, and the outcome is, as usual, amazing. Thank you for making it possible for every bit of their awesome personalities and joy come through in photos. You've captured my friends the way we see them every day.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You captured their spirit so well, April! And your very presence at the event was a gift, well beyond the photos. You and Ray felt like one of the family. I hope we will be blessed by your presence again and again (with or without camera in hand). And I look forward to watching your career blossom! You have courage to look for the unexpected. Bravo

Anonymous said...

april, you did an absolutely fantastic job throughout the entire day - it was great to watch you work and i was glad i got to know you a little bit in the process.
i'm looking forward to seeing the rest of these - and i'm definitely going to recommend you to anyone else. thank you again and congratulations on your engagement :)