Monday, March 12, 2007

I like!

Guess who this is? Tom Sellick? Tommy Lee? Frank Zappa? A hairy monkey?
Not quite! This is a very, very, very excited James Greer (my poppa!) in his NEW Borat shirt! Someone lost a bet (MOM) and thereby, owed a favor to the winner (DAD). Hey! Nice camera too! Someone buy this guy some relaxer. he he he

These are the days that I fall into bed and snore the walls down. (i don't really snore) but if exhaustion counts for anything... I feel like I'm back at the steel mill and just pulled a 12 hour shift! Nurses, cops, you know what I'm talking about.

Assisting with Alex Hayden today was pretty rough. Smooth sailing in regards to shots and cool peeps. He's so cool.

The time change was the kicker for me to be truthful! I couldn't fall to sleep for fear of oversleeping and being late! So I nearly didn't sleep at all! Then to make matters worse it was a early start and late finish topped with this dumb time change. I was ready to camp out in my car for a long nap after the shoot was wrapped up. Was anyone else feel off-key today from the time change?


Newsflash! Through a very rewarding network of fantastic referrals, we were commissioned for 2 more weddings over the weekend. March has been very good to us thus far and 2008 has begun its flurry of bookings! More and more people find their vision of wedding photography strikes a chord with our imagery. Its exciting and humbling, we're so fortunate to be able to work with fun couples who value wedding photography and unique photographs. We welcome destination weddings, SoCal, Denver, Portland, Alaska, and even the East Coast (hey, be nice to them...) Seattle is our home, of course, travel is what we're used to!

The wedding outlook for 2007: the coveted last open Saturday in August was snagged over the weekend! Saturday's in August are filled, only one Sat. left in July and 2 Sat's remaining open in June. With that said, we're rapidly approaching our max this year with only a few spots left! We decided in 2006 that moving forward we would only be accepting a limited number of wedding commissions to ensure all customers receive quality service, a boutique feel to working wit us, and receive our utmost attention. Less is more in my opinion!

I'm not impressed by the wedding factory, swapmeet, 105-weddings-per-year approach. I like knowing the names, the family members, engagement story and to work closely with the people who trust us with their wedding memories. I'm not much for big chains. I much prefer the mom & pop stores. The same familiar faces, people you can trust, folks who know they can depend on you to come through. Back to what I mentioned earlier- less IS more!

For our prized couples that haven't set up engagement sessions to date, let's set a date! Very few weekend appointments left for Spring, you may have to take a day off during the week to shoot engagement photos...For those who are thinking about booking, but haven't booked their wedding yet, let's set a date! :)

Cheers & good night~

the sleepy garden gnome (WTF?)





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today was not my day. I loathe this time change.ht

Photo Elan said...

Your dad looks like a funny guy!

Proud Mom said...

YIKES! Its "James gone WILD" with his winnings.....AGAIN! Never bet a man who knows his actors/actresses....
Time for Mr. Scissors to come out to play in that head full of curls!
dmg

April Greer Photography said...

I remember when dad tried to tell me how he and Einstein were alike.

As a kid, I asked him why he didn't pick up his clothes or do the dishes. His reply: If Einstein had to do his own laundry and clean his own clothes, he would spend all his valuable time cleaning instead of inventing very important things.

Some things never change! We're STILL waiting for dad's invention other than an interesting hair style. ha!!!