Friday, March 09, 2007

Urban Unveiled

Seattle wedding photographer Sharlane Chase organized a wonderful event called URBAN UNVEILED. picture this: fashion show, cocktails, sophistication, passion, modern romance, fresh, individualistic, and chic. Yes, this was Urban Unveiled. It was also: the most fun I had since bowling last weekend. And before that, it was snowshoeing. Before that, I can't remember.... i brought my slimjim camera the casio EXILIM and took a few snaps throughtout the night!

I took the opportunity to thank Sharlane for a fancy night. Gushed to her about the great party~ Such a beautiful venue, awesome design, amazing catering & tasty drinks! There was a little something for everyone. As my friends and I bought VIP tickets, they treated VIPS to valet parking, free swag bags worth $250, extra tickets to win hotel & gourmet dinner packages and premiere seating for the fashion show. Well slap me and call me Sally, this was a rootin' tootin' good time!
Sharlane and I had a brief conversation at the closing of the show, I asked how she came up with the idea, she said UU was an idea of hers 3 years in the making! She was excited and nervous about the tickets for UU initially not selling at the rate anticipated. Tempted to call it off two weeks before the event, a friend soothed Shar's nerves with the reality check: tickets don't sell until the last minute. She was right! Two days before Urban Unveiled debuted, tickets sold like gold bars and the rest is history baby. Several other photgraphers were featured at the event, Sandra Coan, Claire Marie and other talented women photographers. In addition to being a bride myself, I was mainly curiuos about the event, I didn't know what to expect. Fact is: attending the seattle wedding show is outdated. Its like trying to squeeze a Tiffany's ring out of Safeway. Not happenin'

table design by oppulent occasions

jeff! faster than a speeding bullet!
jennifer & hubyy brian (photo elan) jeff la plante & susie hamidi

photographers are unpredictable
the g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s jennifer & I,
what the heck is this phone camera doing in my shot?? BRIAN!
in a nusthell: Everyone I spoke to enjoyed themselves thoroughly, not a sour puss in the room. I partied a bit, too. Very unusual for me...I had about 5 or 6 drinks too many and chased it with all the catering I could fit in my mouth. Even with the food, I woke up with a pounding HEADACHE. How bad? Steel hammers on marshmellows. Most people would call this a hangover, but I assure you its ONLY a headache. Nothing else. I do not know the solace of alchohol, but on the rare occasions we get together its fun... Jack, Cosmo, Baboozely, and Merlot...le'ts get this party started.

Enough of the babble, if you didn't attend definitely check it out next year! Possibly as early as November 2007! Three cheers to Urban Unveiled! IT WAS AWESOME! Check out the video BELOW!!! From Luly Yang's fashion show....bridesmaid dresses in fire engine red!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey April,

It was so great to have you and so many other fellow photographers there to support us! I was so happy that everyone had a great time. It was beyond my wildest expectations!!!! I have to say though, none of it could have happened without the AMAZING talents of Jesse and Travis from True Colors Events. They are truly the coordination gurus!
And thanks for the shots and video of the fashion show. It was the first I've seen of it. I was too busy hyperventilating behind stage at the prospect of having to talk in front of everyone!

Thanks again for coming! Sharlane

Photo Elan said...

Fun photos April! It was an amazing event. Top notch vendors and gorgeous dresses by Luly Yang. It was a fabulous night!