Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Last day in Pasadena

Its been a while since I've had a large CLEAN room all to myself! Last night I snuggled up to 6 pillows in the Hilton's plush settings after indulging in some good wholesome TV. I snapped a few shots off the balcony, the clouds and lighting from the pool created a neat lighting effect, similar to when the snowstorm in Seattle passed through.

Greg, Laurie & I headed back to the set in Valencia. Greg worked his lighting magic and muddled through the a few minor probs with the Capture One program. We wrapped up pretty quickly today. I like the shot below because it shows how different Chris and Greg are: Greg shoots standing up, whereas Chris shoots sitting down.
For those of you who are not familiar with the elements of photography lighting, the large black object on the left is a softbox, its objective is to spread soft diffused light on a subject. The large squarish object on the right is foam core (inside is whit and the outside is black) and we pointed a light into the white side of the card so it bounces back a nice soft light at the machinery. After wrapping up the shoot we buzzed down to the shopping district in Pasadena, cruised the boulevard, munched and zipped back to our destination: Burbank airport.
We arrived in a timely fashion to Bob Hope Airport/Burbank
I sat outside for a while trying to get some sun on my face. Perhaps it will help the psoriasis that broke out a few days ago. UgH!
Voila, at 8:30 we landed! Now if I could only remember what floor my car is parked on. Is it 3, 5, 6,7, or 8??

2 comments:

Spottswood Photography said...

I got your website off of Jessica's blog. I love your work! Awesome job:) Are you going to WPPI? Maybe we will see each other there:)

April Greer Photography said...

I wish I could, but I'm shooting a wedding!!! :-D Where are you located?!