Thursday, September 06, 2007

My FIX

Little unknown factoid about me: I LOVE marshmellows. Love love love love them! As a kid, on the way home from the grocery store, I waited until my mom was faced forward driving and I tracked down the paper bag with marshmellows inside. Once located, I would poke a insignifacnt finger hole in the corner of the bag intended for Rice Krispy treats and lure out marshmellows one by one, curling my fingers around them and shaking the bag to coax out. Of course my mom knew the guilty party responsible for the finger shaped hole in the bag. When it came time for the RK Treats, there was almost never enough to make the recipe! Time and time again she got mad at me, but I always imagined getting away with it...

Other shy factoid: in 2003, I picked up some 'mellows at the military grocery store. Sitting in the parking lot of the store, camped in my car (groceries in the trunk) finished off an entire bag of jet-puffed marshmellows, by myself.

So you can imagine the little kid in me jumping for joy when I saw these little treats at the store tonight...at last! No need to buy the whole bag. Now they come in little manageable packets! YAY!!! Comes in 3 flavors: choco, nilla, and starberry.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completley believe this whole story considering you almost ate the whole bag at my house!!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh but did April tell you about the time she "thought" that the shortning can was "marshmellow cream"???????
Yes, April DOES love marshmellows!!! As well as "peeps" of all holiday docors - it doesn't matter when you have a marshmellow addiction. LOL
love you bunches, mom