Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Brushes

As far as artistic design & news goes, I'm the last to know! When I stumbled upon these seemingly new things called 'brushes' in photoshop, I took 10 minutes to experiment with them.

Brushes are everywhere: t-shirts, in artwork, in the movies, on CD covers, everywhere!!! Familiarize yourself with these things. It could really make a difference someday. For example: at a party, some hot photoshop geek asks you what kind of brushes you fancy (as a pick-up line).

One of my favorite rebel wedding photography studios uses brushes & illustration into their wedding album design!! Granted, this design is NOT for everyone, it is unique! I'm certain it will pick up several awards! http://www.mangored.com/blog/?p=178
Check out their website here: http://www.mangored.com/

I emailed these creations to my graphic designer so he can feel better about his job security. :-)
Now its back to work. Time to crank up the music and crank out the goods.








3 comments:

Kathleen said...

i prefer chicken thankyouverymuch

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, too much stuff to see and and I think your main focus would be clouded or lost in the "brushes" concept. Not sure if it is really you. I see beautiful things through your eyes, the uniqueness, clarity and thought. I will only say, if it is not broken, don't change it. mom

Wesa said...

I've been holed up at home this week while sick watching YouTube PhotoShop tutorials. Well worth a look! I discovered curves, brushes, layers (OMG layers!), and a few other really cool tricks.