Thursday, November 23, 2006

SEE MY WORK PUBLISHED HERE:
WOW! I was browsing the magazine stand today with my boyfriend and came across NEW BEAUTY magazine. Boom, there it was 2 of my pics in the magazine! Its a very cool feeling getting published. In fact, its been a very exciting first year as a freelancer. I opened my business when I was 24 with little or no experience as an entrepeneur. My first year I profited about $864.00. Woo wee look out world! Its been 2 years in the making and the referrals and business have exploded. I had a hard cover book published in Dec. 2005, a 4 page spread in Seattle Industry magazine in Summer 2005, an article in the Seattle PI in March of 2006 about my photographs for the Steel Mill, and today I found my work in the NEW BEAUTY special edition! Not to mention I will be shooting in Beverly Hills in 2007 for an upscale wedding. Also, we're flying to Puerto Rico in July to cover a big event! On top of that, I also have an upcoming ad in Seattle's Spring/Summer 2007 edition of The Knot weddings (on stands next week). I initially started my business because I wanted to make friends. Seriously. I wanted to get to know people. Hard work=happiness. Getting to know the business has all been possible through the intense support and education of the ASMP (American Society of Media Photographers) and also the support of seasoned photographers in the Seattle area. Personal thanks to these great people: Bill Rugen, Kate Baldwin, Kelly Chandler, and Shawnna Rovinsky (graphic designer). Thanks for the wonderful referrals and great business relationships! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, April! Keep up the good work!

-Erwin